Then it was down the back stairs for the all too familiar trip to Packards. This was our favorite bar in college (favorite because it was the closest). Back in the day they did a promo night every Thursday. There weren't too many that we missed as we thought that those Heineken and Foster's t-shirts were too good to pass up (all of which I threw away during my first of graduate school). We bellied up to bar and had a beer for old times sake (unfortunately they do not make Greatful Deads anymore, not that we could have handled one anyways). We have no idea who that guy is behind us in the picture.
Ivy Day (Saturday) dawned nice and sunny. I've already blogged about what the Ivy Day parade is and it did not dissappoint! Of course Miss K was with me decked out in her white as well! She did great until she saw a couple of kids with some balls and realized that she could not play with them because they were not hers. There ensued a moment that lasted until the class of 1999 started walking in the parade. Then she helped me push her stroller and perked right up. We skipped out on the speeches and instead met up with Papa and Gram for some late breakfast and strolling through campus and downtown. The threesome left around lunchtime and I stayed behind to attend a few more events. By the end of the day I was exhausted, I forgot how much walking around I did in college. I was more than happy to drive back to my parent's house to relax for the rest of the evening. I took a bunch more pictures than this but here are two:
1 comment:
Sounds like so much fun!!
Post a Comment