I promise I'll get to part three, visiting with Maggie the Wonder Dog soon. There's pictures and a video to upload which takes a bit more time. I should get to it tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime I'll update on some other things.
Katherine's burn is healing very nicely. And thanks to Gram M. she has Dora, Diego, AND Hello Kitty Band-Aids to put on top of her gauze wrap. The bandage gets changed twice a day and she will very explicitly tell you which ones she wants. This morning..."I want Kitties". She also helps now with the bandage, handing me the scissors to cut off the old bandage ("Watch your fingers Mommy!"), smearing on the cream with a Q-tip, and applying the Band-Aids. For this part she wants NO HELP ("I do it!!") what so ever and things can get a bit testy because at least one Band-Aid needs to hold the gauze wrap in place.
Sesame Street Live is tomorrow morning! Of course, Katherine has no clue yet (need to know!). She also doesn't know that tomorrow afternoon, Papa and Gram C. and Aunt Carrie are arriving for the weekend! This is going to be a jam packed Memorial Day Weekend! Unfortunately before we get to the weekend activities I have to take her to the doctor's this afternoon. We noticed a pimple on her about two weeks ago which last weekend turned into a bulls eye rash. We never saw a tick on her but both Ted and I have pulled ticks off of us this season. I took her to the doctor up in Massachusetts who said that to be on the safe side we need to take her for a Lyme Disease check at the end of this week. He said the chances aren't incredibly high that it is Lyme but all the signs right now are pointing in that direction. Better safe than sorry because if it is, at this stage, it is 100% cureable with antibiotics. Poor Katherine, one week she burns her hand, the next week she's getting poked with a needle. Such is the life of a two year old.
2 comments:
Poor Katherine! We'll be hoping the best for the test results! Have a blast at Sesame Street Live tomorrow!!! We saw the tractor-trailers for it at BU a couple of weeks ago, but figured we would wait until next year to bring Noah, what with gnat-like attention spants and all!
Mom never got us fancy band-aids. It must have been because she was saving up for the Snoopy Snow Cone Machine. Oh, wait...
Post a Comment