It would take me too long to give all the details of our trip North so I'll break it up into a few posts. Katherine LOVED flying. That's probably an understatement. She was excited from the second she woke up in the morning and that grew until the very moment we got on the plane (I'll get to that). She was great in the airport, loved watching the planes and sliding down the seats. When it was time to board I had to yell down the jet bridge for her to slow down. Then she came to a dead stop at the door of the plane. I think everything just spooked her for a second. She looked up at me and said "I don't want to get on the plane" and proceeded to head back up the jet bridge. So I did what needed to be done, I picked her up and carried her onto the plane. Once she was inside she was fine. In fact, she couldn't sit still in her seat she was so excited. When the plane took off she exclaimed "I'm flying!!!" She also thought the clouds looked like snow. Overall she was wonderful, the only moments came when I tried to take her into the bathroom (hey, Mom had to go, she wasn't happy but we got through it), when it was time to put the tray table up for landing and when the plane landed and she could not IMMEDIATLY get off the plane to find Papa. But soon enough we were headed to Papa and Gram's house where a surprise was waiting for her:

The tricycle was used by myself and my sister when we were K's age. My Dad took it apart and repainted the whole thing. One basket and two streamers later and we have a bike all ready for a new user! Papa and Gram will bring it down to NC in about six weeks but she got a preview this past weekend. Katherine laid her eyes on it and exclaimed "Katherine has a bike!" We went down that afternoon and picked up a bike helmet ("I want a pink helmet!") to get her in the habit of wearing a helmet when she rides a bike. By the end of the weekend she was really getting the hang of it.
Stayed tuned for Part Two: The Reunion and Part Three: Hanging with Maggie the Wonder Dog!
No comments:
Post a Comment