Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009! We spent a very quiet New Year's Eve at home with some sushi and champagne for the adults and some chicken tenders and sparkling apple cider for the two year old. It goes without saying that we didn't make it until midnight, we're too much of early night people and the champagne made us a little too sleepy. I needed to venture downstairs for a cough drop around 11:00pm and I noticed that the lights were on in most of the houses around us...oh well. Considering my wake up came at 6:30 this morning, I'm happy I didn't ring in the New Year in person.

So what's in store for 2009? Well, I think that calling them resolutions almost destines them to be forgotten by the end of January. So instead, I'll call them goals. Here goes, Beth's goals for 2009.
  1. Katherine's baby scrapbook. My intent is to scrapbook her first year and I've got it all laid out. However, at the rate I'm going she'll be in college before I finish it. So over the next year I need to get crackin'. I even have my own little place set aside in the guest room to do this:
  2. Learn to use Ted's ipod. Lately I've been thinking that it would be nice to have an ipod of my own. But I'm not without access to one now, Ted owns one. However, being the self appointed technological laggert that I am I have NO CLUE how to use the thing (yes, I just heard the gasp that just came from some of you). I'm even fearful of touching it, for fear that I will break it (those things are tiny!). So before I venture down the road of getting one for myself let's learn how to use the one that is available to me. So my goal is to make up my own playlist on itunes, purchase some music that I like AND actually listen to it on the ipod. If all goes well and we start fighting for time with the ipod I'll consider getting one of my own. Baby steps here people, baby steps.
  3. Keep in better contact with family and friends. This blog actually accomplished some of that but I'll admit it that I can be slack in this area. Send me an email and I'll get back to you...eventually. And calling people to chat, well, I've been terrible at that one. So let's see if I can improve in this area. Let's face it, we have a two year old in house, so don't expect a miraculous turn around. And while there are means to get me more "plugged in" and connected with people, i.e. twitter, facebook, etc... I refer you to #2.
  4. Get involved with something around here beside work that allows me to meet a few people. Not sure what exactly that is but something. Ted and I have few, if any close friends outside of work that live in this area. You'd think that after 9 (yes 9!) years of living around here we would except that for the first 4 years we were each in the area we were in the military (Ted) and in graduate school (me). While this afforded quite a few social opportunities at the time most of those folks have since moved on to different places. Since then we got married, bought a house and had a kid...all while working full time. That kind of cramps your social calendar (especially the kid). I'm not looking for anything really time consuming, just something that allows me to meet people in the area.

So there's my goals for 2009. I could also mention the standard ones, exercise, eating better, etc...but I think those are better off not said and if they are accomplished, all the better! Now that their written down and you all know about them, I'm more likely to work at them right?

Well, Katherine's napping so I'm off to my "hole" to scrapbook! Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Caleb and Adrienne said...

I love your blog! (I'm addicted to blogs, so when I heard from a co-worker that Ted's family had one, I had to start stalking!)

I like your -cough- resolutions -cough-, I mean, "goals". I'm also addicted to resolutions. My philosophy is if you make about 100, then you are bound to keep one or two, right?

I could not help but post a comment because I LOVE to scrapbook....but since I now have a 1 year old, I have not found the time to do this. (I'm impressed you have the pictures at least organized). There's a small group of us that like to rotate houses and scrapbook when we can. Please feel free to join us! My e-mail address is hazel22882@yahoo.com.

Adrienne (I work at NCDOR)
www.jointhefray.blogspot.com