Monday, January 5, 2009

The Return of the Noo Noo

About a year ago at this time Katherine was really into Teletubbies. She exclaimed "beebee" when the sunny baby face rose up in the sky at the beginning and was tuned all the way until the last teletubbie (Po, I think) said "bye bye". Sometime this past summer or fall Teletubbies was no longer on demand. We didn't take much notice, Katherine seemed to have moved on to become a die hard Sesame Street fan.

This past weekend she came up to me while I was on the computer (I can't usually get a moment alone on the computer as long as she's awake) and said "Noo Noo?" It took me a second to realize what she was referring to. So we brought up the teletubbies website. In particular this page. Not only does it feature the Noo Noo doing what he does best, it also makes some pretty funny noises. Needless to say, she's hooked again. Only this time we don't have the convienence of On Demand Teletubbies. Saturday I spent a good 30 minutes with her sitting on my lap (this is a long time to have a 30lb two year old on your lap!), in front of the computer..."More Mommi, more!" If I dared to try to turn the chair to get interested in something else..."Turn around!". We had a repeat on Sunday. We got her distracted briefly with Thomas the Tank Engine because Thomas bears a slight resemblance to the Noo Noo but our smart girl caught on pretty quickly that it wasn't the real thing.

No comments: