Get comfy because I feel that this is going to be long one. We had a wonderful Christmas. Things started on Christmas Eve with the arrival of Papa and Gram Meagher just after K. had gone down for a nap. Her whole face lit up when she woke up and saw them, they got a “Hi Gram!” and “PAPA!!!” I’m happy to say that she was as good as gold at Christmas Eve mass and considering it was over an hour and a half this two year old deserves a prize! There was the traditional nativity play and K. did not miss a beat of it. Her favorite? The angels which she referred to as “buh-flies” once she spied their wings.
When we got home Aunt Colleen and Uncle Sven had arrived, so we sat down to a delicious dinner. She learned to do “Cheers!” and every meal after this had to include some toasts (get ready Papa and Gram Coberly!). And for Christmas Dinner the next day we had a perfect center piece coutesty of my sister. The lamp holds a tea light so you can light it up!
Christmas card dancing… She loved the card Great Grandma and Grandpa Coberly sent, it had her dancing!
The rest of the time was spent relaxing and hanging with family. Ted and I had the rare opportunity to get out of the house, just the two of us, which was wonderful (and OMG the sales were too good to pass up). Some long overdue date nights are definitely in our future. The decorations are down (thanks for the help M&D!) for another year and the living room is back in its “new” arrangement. I hated to see them come down but I knew if it was either then or the following weekend when I would be completely sick of them. I have a cold…yes if you are counting this is number 3 in about as many months. I don’t know what type of super virus this is but I seem to be the only one who is not immune to it because Ted and Katherine are healthy, the same as with the past two colds.
So what’s in store for us next? Well, the start of a New Year makes folks want to organize, organize, organize and we are included in that group, even the blog has a fresh new look. First thing…Toy Storage. I know that my obsessive compulsive self will only be able to take so much of having the new toys scattered all over the floor. And the number of toys only grows (and grows!) from here so the time has come to find a practical and decent looking toy storage solution. Bookcase? Bin system? Hmmmmm… I also need to start searching in earnest for the “big girl bed” to be purchased this Spring. She’s ready and its time. We’ll be switching out the Classic Pooh decorations for “Buh-flies”/dragonflies (and maybe some Katydids?). I did snag an “oh so cute!” canvas bin at Homegoods this weekend that is perfect for her stuffed animals. The pattern on it is dragonflies.
No big plans for New Years Eve and that is A-OK with us. We’ll probably pop a bottle of champagne and put our feet up in front of a “Rockin’” New Year’s Eve. Ahhhh!
2 comments:
I LOVE her shakin' what her momma gave her!! Note to self, buy Katherine cards that make music whenever possible!
Get that video off of the internet!
Post a Comment