Sunday, November 23, 2008

Snow!

Katherine and I woke up to a snow shower on Friday morning. I pulled up her shades and grabbed her to see what was going on. She was mesmerized and once we went downstairs she was running from window to window going "Look Mommy, snow!". I new it wouldn't last and since snow is a relatively rare event in this area (by rare I mean we get only a couple of small storms a year) I immediately asked her if she wanted to go outside and run around a bit. Her response "Outside!!" So we ate a quick breakfast and then bundle up. I knew nothing would really stick to the ground but I thought she would enjoy trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue. Check her out all bundled up.

Besides that, we took it easy this weekend. Katherine was still recovering a bit from being sick and I have a touch of it today myself, although nothing too bad. The other bugs were DEFINITELY worse. I did some Christmas prep, got the decorations down, put up the lights outside and got out the North Pole Village. This set belonged to my Grandma and little by little its making its way to us here in NC. I thought Miss K. might get excited to see a little Santa's Village right here in her own house. I think for my first time, I did pretty good. I put it up on the ledge in the foyer to prevent sticky fingers from getting to it. She enjoys looking at it from the top of the stairs and saying "Pole!"
I also checked out the Department 56 North Pole collection website to see what is currently available for the set. Fun to look at but I don't think I'll be adding anything new right now, there's still another 5-6 houses to come down from my Grandma's house and join the ones I already have. That should fill up the ledge nicely. I did however spy this. He he!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's odd, but I'm really ok with you getting more snow than we have. The village looks terrific, and I think Ralphie's house is a must have.