Woohoo! I finished scraping all of the wallpaper off the bathroom walls last night. The main part of the bathroom went really fast and was done a few weeks ago. The paper in the little room where the toilet is was a pain in the you know what (how appropriate!). I have a few words for the people that designed that wallpaper and for person who decided to put it up there. It was a textured paper that came off in small chips. Needless to say it was very frustrating. There is still some of the backing paper to get off in there however, it peels right off once you get it wet so that should take all of an hour to get off the walls. After that its spackling...lots and lots of spackling. Not only was the paper a pain to get off, the walls were not properly prepped before the paper went up (in any of the rooms) so there are quite a few spots to patch. I'll post some pictures soon to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I also need to get behind the toilet but since I need to take the tank off the toilet to do this, that will be a project for another weekend, possibly the one coming up.
That was pretty much the major activity for the weekend. Katherine surprised us by taking a 3 and a half hour nap on Saturday, which is unheard of these days. I think she was still getting over what she had earlier in the week. Sunday's nap was the much more normal 2 to 2 and half hours. On Sunday morning we did one of our regular activities, window shopping at Lowes to decide on the next home improvement project. We've pretty much decided its going to be storm doors for the front and back. We also want to paint our front door, its black right now and we'd like a cranberry shade, but we don't want to leave the front door open all day. A storm door would solve this problem plus it will let in a lot of light (or fresh air) on nice days.
1 comment:
I've missed your postings, but figured you were assaulting the wallpaper. We're leaving today for our trip; I'll pop in from time to time and update you on our progress.
Post a Comment