Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two Year Old Room...Here We Come!

Today is Katherine's last day in the toddler room at preschool. She has been visiting the two year old room all week and on Tuesday she will be in there full time. I am thrilled, we are ready for this change! Ted and I have already previewed the room and met the teachers, who I really like, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for good things! I explained to Bethany, one of the teachers, about K.'s complete resistant to sitting on the potty ("You mean I'm actually supposed to sit on the toilet with this Elmo potty seat?...Don't think so Mom!"). She laughed and said that alot of them go through that but that once she's in the room for a few weeks watching the other kids use the potty she'll be all into it. Bethany has three kids herself, as a first timer through this potty training thing, I trust a seasoned pro. In addition to jumping right into potty training, K. will also be completely off the sippy cup, which she was previously at the Dix Preschool but Growing Child uses them until they reach the two year old room. The only time she uses a sippy cup at home now is when she's not at the table or she decides that it is more fun to "play" with her drink rather than actually drink it (and she is not happy with me when I reach over and put the cover back on!). So I really feel like we are getting back on track with everything! After the transition is over and we are settled, I think the next step will be to say goodbye to the pacifier once and for all! Right now, she only uses it at home and it is pretty much limited to bedtime and a bit in the morning but I would like to get her pacifier free soon!

Tomorrow is my day off so I will have the opportunity to take and post updated bathroom pictures, see you tomorrow!

No comments: