Monday, June 28, 2010

Day One: Check

Day one of work post maternity leave is done.  And all in all things went well.  Dropping Teddy off for his first day of daycare was a completely different experience than it was with Katherine.  I also think the edge got taken off a bit because I forgot the bottles in the fridge at home.  I realized this just as I was bringing in his box of stuff.  Thank goodness we use a daycare in town now.  Off I went, driving like a mad woman (minus the baby) to get those bottles, all worried that Teddy would suddenly announce in his own special way that he was hungry and he couldn't eat until I brought those bottles.  When I walking back in the room, bottles in hand Ms. Mary had unpacked the box, set up his crib and Mr. T was sitting in a chair having a conversation with her.  Clearly he was having a grand ol' time.

The feedback I got at pickup was that he had an excellent day and was a "very good baby".  Not only did he eat on a good schedule he also slept in his crib.  Yup. That's right. The baby that I haven't been to get to nap in his crib AT ALL slept soundly in his crib the first day. Go figure.

I should say that everything was a bit easier because Katherine was not with us. We're hoping to get his routine all settled before she gets back. While we were heading back to the office, she was headed to Sesame Place with Papa and Gram.  They were kind enough to call at lunchtime to let me know that while I was cleaning out my email inbox, they were having a blast.  Jealous? I sure was.  I can't wait to see the pictures.

1 comment:

Gram C said...

Glad things went well. Hopefully we'll get some pics via the Seiva,