The major activity of this past weekend, at least in Katherine's eyes, was setting up the pool for the summer. She'd been asking us for weeks to go swimming in her pool but we've been a bit busy with the new baby. Plus, since an adult needs to be in the pool with her, the weather wasn't quite warm enough for Ted and I to go in. I like it hot for swimming. With temps in the low 90's on Saturday, it was time. Poor thing had to wait a whole extra day though while we prepped by buying the chemicals and mowing the lawn. On Sunday, Ted took her out to the bookstore while I got the pool out, blew up the ring and swept it out. We knew she wouldn't sit still for those activities. I made a quick trip to the store (note to self: at the end of the season put all of the small parts, like the hose clamps for the filter, in a baggie at the bottom of the bin so you can locate them in the spring) and when I walked in the door she practically knocked me over..."are you setting up my pool?" Yup, sweetie and if you want to help, go put on your bathing suit. She RACED upstairs while Ted and I moved the pool and filter to the backyard (Teddy slept through all of this, clearly not interested in swimming this summer). The next thing we saw was a stark naked little girl come running out the back door, dragging her swimsuit behind her. She didn't want to miss a moment of the excitement. The water was too cold for me but she didn't mind one bit.
Summer here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment