I was so ready to get out of the house today. I was itching to hit the mall, stroller with the T-man in front of me, scoping out the deals for my updated, post maternity leave wardrobe. In the past couple of years, I haven't been too concerned about investing a whole lot in clothing basically because I was pregnant. Why spend a whole lot for something that may not fit you after having two kids? Now it's time to spruce things up a bit. However, I'm not ready to start shopping yet, as much as I want to. Why?
Well, first off, I'm not in the shape I want to be in. I have to keep telling myself that at four weeks post partum, things are looking pretty good. In fact when I look at pictures of myself during the same time period after having Katherine I realize I'm right on track. I started up my running/walking routine this past weekend. I have a starting goal of being able to run from our house, around one the neighborhoods near us and back at a fairly decent pace (and not feel like I want to keel over when I'm finished). I even have a few apps on the ol' iPhone to help me keep track of my progress. Now I just have to do it. And slowly but surely I'll get back to where I want to be. But that doesn't stop me from feeling frustrated every now and then. And I know I'll have to hit the stores here soon to get interim pieces (I can't wear sweatpants everywhere), hopefully things that I can still wear later even if I have to have them altered a bit.
Second, I feel that no successful shopping trip for this purpose could happen without a list. Therefore a closet cleanout was in order, which I did this morning. And when I say clean out, I'm talking a real come to Jesus moment with my wardrobe. Actually now is the perfect time to do it since a bunch of the clothes, pants mainly, still don't fit me. Therefore, I can be much more objective. Anything that hasn't been worn in the past year or two (pregnancies aside)...gone. Anything with holes or stains...gone. Anything that, well, to be honest never looked all that good or is hopelessly out of style...gone. This means tossing a few beloved items that are well past their prime. Now that the closet cleanout is done I have a better idea of some must have items that need to go at the top of the shopping list.
And speaking of cleaning out closets...he may be just one month old but I've already had to start the "too small" box of clothes in Teddy's closet. He had a few newborn items that at almost ten pounds, are already too small.
Time to hit the mall!
No comments:
Post a Comment