Saturday, March 27, 2010

Labor Watch 2010

Has officially begun. After my crazy week, Ted's parents arrived on Thursday afternoon to pick up Katherine. She's up at their house all next week for the Fawn Lake Easter Egg Hunt, a trip to the circus (her first!) and I'm sure many other fun activities. The threesome will be back on Good Friday to celebrate Easter with us. I thought Miss K would be a bit apprehensive to go since she ask a couple of times during the week and on Friday morning whether I would be going with her. But instead she practically kicked them out the door when it was time to go, leaving little room for goodbyes. They called once they arrived in Virginia and she happily announced "I am Papa and Gram's house!" over the phone.

This has allowed Ted and I to have some time at home just the two of us before baby #2 arrives. I must say that as much as I miss the three year old antics around the house right now (is it quiet!) we are grateful for this time. Of course, I've spent the better part of yesterday and today cleaning since the opportunity was there to straighten up the place without a preschooler racing behind me messing it up again. Calling nesting if you want, I'm not sure I buy into that whole bit. Seeing that I'm usually on the anal retentive side of things, not much feels out of the ordinary. But if calling it nesting will bring on labor faster, I'm all for it. I can honestly say, this place is cleaner than it's been in a while.

I think because Katherine was born 10 days before her due date Ted and I are expecting this one to be early as well. I know there's no rhyme or reason to this but you can't help but think that things will go exactly the same way they did the first time the second time around, no matter how many times you try to tell yourself no. Add to that the fact that having the baby this week would be such great timing with Katherine up at Papa and Gram's house. This means that we spent most of yesterday and today looking for any little sign that things are underway.

How am I feeling? Ready to go. The pelvic pressure is definitely there and sleeping is pretty uncomfortable. My middle of the night bathroom trips involve me practically crawling to the potty, my back hurts so bad. I'm getting Braxton Hicks contractions fairly frequently and some of them are getting uncomfortable. Ted and I ventured out this morning to walk around a few stores (and hey if walking would get things moving we were all for it) and I had one in the middle of Kohl's that I swore was the real thing. I had another one in the car on the way home too and for a split second we were like "alright!" But they didn't amount to anything. I think we're in for a full week (or more) of putting ourselves through this.

1 comment:

The Grady Chronicles said...

I hope it happens for you soon! A new baby is so exciting!!!!