Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How do you say frustration?

Braxton Hicks Contractions. Every day since Saturday I've had moments where they start to occur fairly intense and regular. Most days it has been about every 20-30 minutes, enough to make you think that ok, while it's not active labor but clearly something is brewing. This afternoon at work, same thing, every 20-30 minutes for about 2 hours. Then on the way home I had them every 6-7 minutes. Alright!!!! We'll go home, have dinner and see if things aren't rocking and rolling in a few hours. Obviously since I'm sitting here typing this post, things are NOT rocking and rolling. I might have one every so often but really nothing is brewing. What the #$%^$??? I've reached the point where I'm like unless you're going to a productive contraction that's leading somewhere, please don't waste my time. With 11 days to go before my due date, I'm really not wanting to deal with this every single day from now until then (or after then). Let's get a move on!

I should say in full disclosure I am a bit clueless here even though it is my second child because with Katherine my whole labor really started with my water breaking. I found out later that I was having contractions off and on the day or two before but they were much lighter than the contractions I'm feeling now, in fact, I barely noticed them. Many have heard this story before but I went for a pedicure that afternoon, asked to use the bathroom right before I dunked my feet in the tub and POP! my water broke. Needless to say I did not get my pedicure but rather went right home, called the doctor who informed me that it was time to head in the hospital. So off we went, checked in to the hospital, where they verified that a. my water had broken and b. I was having contractions, though very light ones. I was admitted. One quick walk through the halls and that was it, we were off. So I never really had that early labor experience at home to know exactly that yes, it is indeed time. So I am being fooled each and every time. And as much as I don't like it there's not a thing I can do, the baby will come when it's time.

We've talked with Katherine every evening and she's having a fabulous time at Papa and Gram's house. The Easter Egg hunt was a huge success, the circus...not so much. It was too loud for her and they ended up leaving during intermission, similar to the Sesame Street Live experience of a year ago. I guess live shows are just not Miss K's thing. We hear that Aunt Carrie saved the day by bringing along bubbles to blow. Today she went to the children's museum and she reported that playing in the water and the apple tree were favorite activities. Here's a glimpse of the Easter Egg Hunt courtesy of the Ceiva frame.
She also asked me: "Mommy are you taking good care of my baby brother?" Yup kiddo, that's covered.

No comments: