Friday, January 22, 2010

Now here's a dilemma...

The picture above is the result of the visit to Babies R Us last weekend. We were greeted at the door by a rack of sports themed outfits for infants. Now I'm not much of a huge sports person myself but being a native New Englander, well, I feel it is my obligation to at least show a passing interest in the home teams, especially now that I no longer live in New England. Us Southern Yankees (and there are quite a bunch of us around these parts) need to show our hometown pride! So naturally that meant picking up a little Red Sox outfit for the baby. Won't it look cute with the little Red Sox baseball hat that Aunt Colleen bought K when she was younger. Well, my dad may be a native New Englander but when it comes to baseball, his heart rests with the Yankees. Therefore you see the little Yankee outfit up above, which he just couldn't resist.

Hmmmm...what's a newborn to do?

7 comments:

Bridget said...

GO YANKEES!

Colleen said...

Bridget's a traitor! It's hard being a Sox fan in the Evil Empire, I know, so the weak among us get converted.

Let's go Red Sox!

Bridget said...

nope, born & raised a Yankees fan thanks to my grandfather! :)

Colleen said...

So the weakness is genetic, and there's nothing you can do about it? I'm so sorry.

Gram C said...

What, no Mud Cats onesie?

Unknown said...

Wow, I've touched a nerve...these comments are getting nasty.

Christina said...

Dear lord I hope that Yankee's outfit somehow finds itself at the bottom of a drawer! Noah had the exact same Red Sox's outfit when he was about 6 months, and even then we got a little crap about the pin stripes on it. Make NO mistake, there is NO Yankee love being passed on to any child of mine! :)