First things first, cute Katherine moment from last weekend that I forgot about. Dinner table Friday night, I go to wipe her gravy covered upper lip with a napkin… “That’s OK, I’ll use my tongue.” She proceeded to stick her stuck out and wipe her upper lip. We had to give the kid points for ingenuity, even if it is bad table manners.
December already??? I am feeling excited and oh my God I can’t believe it’s here already all at once. Being the anal retentive type, I can’t truly relax until everything is checked off my list. And this year I am happy to report that we’re doing pretty good, only one day into December. After Katherine recovered from her time with Santa, she had a blast helping us put up the tree and decorating. Keeping her out of the tree, literally, this year is going to be a challenge. She's managed to find a way to wedge that little body in between the branches.
I realize that at this age, while she may remember bits and pieces from last year, a lot of it is new and exciting again for her. She got a huge kick out of putting up our North Pole Village, which my Grandma gave to me. “We’re putting up Christmas!” Little by little the collection is coming down to our house so we had a few more houses this year. And while she may not want to talk to the big guy face to face, she’s more than happy to give him a call on her Santa Phone, a talking cell phone Christmas ornament that Aunt Sue gave her two years ago. “I go call Santa.”
We are just about DONE with our Christmas shopping thanks to Ted’s brilliant idea of starting an Amazon shopping cart in the beginning of November. Really the only person we have to finish up is Katherine. This has been a challenge; we just don’t know what to get her. I wandered the toy aisles in Target on Sunday and didn’t see much I was impressed with. I am not usually like this in the toy section, once a Toys R Us kid, always a Toys R Us kid. So one more shopping trip is in order. Miss K and I also need to bake cookies later on in the month for her teachers at school. I was undecided on what to do for the teachers this year. We are so pleased with the new school that I wanted to do something to let them know how much they are appreciated. I thought a tin of homemade cookies and a Christmas ornament might be nice. Since K loves to help me make cookies I thought this would be a good way to get her involved, she can tell them that she helped.
I can't finish this post without making my annual public service announcement…Charlie Brown is on tonight!!! If you miss it, not to worry, ABC is repeating it again on the 8th. After watching the Halloween and Thanksgiving specials, I think I’ve turn Miss K into a fan…she seems to have a thing for Snoopy. The only thing she doesn’t like is the commercials… “Where did Charlie Brown go?” Which reminds me, I need to look up when all of the good specials are on and make a note of it on my calendar…yes I am that much of a holiday junkie.
1 comment:
The Amazon shopping cart is such a good idea! We did the same thing this year and it really helped!!
An idea for the caregivers at school... include a personal note written to the director's attention praising their dedication, going the extra mile, or doing whatever it is that makes your dtr smile. I've done this every year and the director's always stop me in the hall to tell me how important that note is to the teachers. I ask at the end that the note be included in their personnel records for the purpose of supporting an annual review. We are also baking big sugar cookies for the teachers and I always include a small cash gift.
Post a Comment