Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's a...

Have you been waiting in suspense?  I waited to post until we notified the immediate family AND sent out the scanned ultrasound pictures to them as well.  First off, let me say that we were happy and relieved to find out that everything looks healthy and wonderful at this point.  Now without further ado...



Here is the first picture of our little boy!  There was no mistaking it on the ultrasound.  The tech positioned the image and said "Now there's one leg...there's the other leg...and..." left us to interpret the rest.  We were thrilled, not that we wouldn't be just as happy if it had been a girl but there was just something about knowing that Katherine was going to have a little brother.  We showed her the pictures when I got home, she was interested in them for about 10 seconds.  But now when she says she wants to see the baby, I have something show her.

In all honesty this is going to be a whole new world for me.  Since I grew up with a older sister (heck, even the cat was a girl), I'll need to learn all about "boy things".  Ok, yes, I had boy cousins (hey there!) and friends who were boys growing up but it's not the same as having a boy living in your house.  I'm excited for this new experience.

We're still working on the name, don't expect that announcement any time soon.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I am sooooo HAPPY for you, Ted and Katherine... a little boy is a wonderful gift!

Only negative is it means all new clothes... :)

mccashew said...

Congratulations!!!!! Looks like we'll both be learning a whe new way of life! Yay!

The Grady Chronicles said...

Ohhhh you will catch on quickly after he pees at you 5 or 6 or 1200 times!!!!! Congratulations!

Christina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are going to have so much fun. I was worried at first that I wouldn't know what to do with a boy, but we have been having an absolute blast with our little man! Kate is going to be such a great big sister.

Adrienne said...

Congrats!!! I am SO happy for you guys. Katherine is going to be such a wonderful big sister. Thanks for sharing the news! You all have so much to be thankful for!

-Adrienne