Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pooped

For once a post around here where the use of that word does not have anything to do with a toilet. I have officially hit the wall. The cat woke us up at 5am to go outside (why won’t you be like all the other cats and use a litter box???) and not even 10 minutes later, Miss K walked into our room and declared it to be “wake up time”. Serves me right for ignoring her requests for toast right before bedtime last night. Trust me, that kid will have a full stomach tonight.

Ok, so it’s only a mere 45 minutes before my normal wake up time. But those 45 minutes make all the difference in the world to someone who loves her sleep. Of course, this makes me think of what life is going to be like in our house come April…a thought that I am pushing out of my mind until I absolutely have to think about it. I cruised through this morning thinking…well this isn’t so bad…until about 10 minutes ago when I sat back down at my desk and let loose a big yawn…oh yeah, it is. I’m not the type that can do 30 minute lunchtime power naps either…I’d be out the rest of the afternoon.

Not only is she loving the footie pjs, for the past two nights K has gone to bed with all of her stuffed animals in her bed. And I mean ALL of them. There’s barely room for her. I laugh at this because I know I was the exact same way as a kid, the more the merrier. When I peeked in to check on her at 5am (little did I know) she was using one of them for a pillow.

Tomorrow is the big day! I can’t believe we are at this point already, halfway through the pregnancy and the big ultrasound where we find out just who we are expecting come April. I’m very happy the appointment is in the morning, so that I won’t have to wait a full day in anticipation. Don’t expect a post or a twitter right away though…I think the Papas, Grams, Aunts and Uncle deserve the first notice. Although considering co-workers are already asking me, I may have to move mighty quickly to make sure their first to know. It’s also Picture Day at school for Miss K. I thought that because this new daycare is much smaller, we’d miss out on having pictures taken so I was surprised to see the sign up last week. Here’s hoping for some great Holiday pictures!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I can totally sympathize! When D gets up 30 min. early it kills me all day. You are not alone!

mccashew said...

halfway? already????

I am going to go ahead and predict GIRL. GOOD LUCK and enjoy your amazing view of your new addition!

The Grady Chronicles said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Gram C said...

Last week I dreamed it was a boy, this week a girl. I'm anxious to hear.