Thursday, October 8, 2009

Procrastination Tools...

Scroll to the end of the post if you want to get right to the procrastinating.  Then again, I'm sure there's something else you should be doing rather than read my blog, so you're procrastinating already!  Good for you!

So the post of pictures from the VMI reunion are still coming, I promise.  Blogger has a new composition tool and I don't think I did the picture upload correctly, not that I thought you could do it wrong!  I'm determined to get pictures from last Saturday posted before this Saturday! For those of you with access to the photo site, there's some September pics up...not that many I am ashamed to admit.  Sometimes you just have to take a break from the camera.  Incidently, if you don't know or remember the password to the photo site, shoot me an email and I'll clue ya in.

I do need to take a picture of K. in her new favorite spot...Papa and Gram's bed.  Since it's move into the new guest room (it's gonna take us a while not to call that room the TV room), she loves to snuggle under the covers in there and watch Nog...er...Nick Jr. while Ted or I is on the computer.  Not that she wasn't welcome to do this before in the bed's former location but I guess it's just more inticing where it is now.  She does look quite adorable surrounded by all of the pillows.

Today is Friday for me and tomorrow will be a busy day for Miss K and I.  I've got a small list of to do's in preparation for our NYC trip next weekend for my sister Colleen's wedding.  This includes a haircut for Miss K, its time to get those bangs straighten out and the curls under control.  A flower girl's got to look her best!

On the pregnancy front, I fear that the ligament pain has begun already.  When I was pregnant with Katherine I tried to get outside for a lunchtime walk as many days as I could.  About halfway through my pregnancy, I started getting sharps pains on my lower right hand side whenever I walked too fast or interesting enough, when I was walking downhill.  The doctor informed me that they were round ligament pains, harmless to the baby but painful for me. Eventually I had to give up the walks because of them, although by that point I had to walk so slow, a turtle was faster.  I'm trying to keep up with the walking this time around too, although for the last two days I've noticed a dull ache has appeared in that exact same spot, under the exact same conditions.  Here we go again.  So far just slowing down my pace seems to help but I know my walk time is probably going to be limited very soon.

Finally...don't we all need a little procrastination in our lives?  I've known about these two sites for a long time and for some reason I thought about them again this morning.  Their too good to keep to myself. You can easily idle away hours on each of them. I'm think of adding these to the website list.

Wishbook Web: with the Holidays approaching, why not take a trip down memory lane to the Holidays of the past through the much anticipated, always fought over Christmas catalogue?!?  Yes folks, some collector with a lot of time on his hands has scanned in dozens of complete Christmas catalogues dating back to the 40's that you can browse at your leisure.  The photographs are a riot!  The one's from the 80's are mostly from Sears (we were a JCPenney family) but still I get a kick out of looking at the toy section and remembering either a. owning the toy or b. wanting the toy with all my childhood might.  It was always a sunny summer day when that catalogue would arrive on our doorstep and my sister and I would fight over who got to look at it first...as if Santa's visit was only weeks away (and if you got to it first instead of me you need to go far away to look at it so that I don't get an accidental peek thereby ruining the experience when it's my turn).

Retro Land: In a similar vain, this site chronicles, TV, movies, toys...you name it... from the decade of your choice.  The site used to be Yesterdayland and someone else took it over after those people gave it up, rescuing for you and I not only the chance to burn up minutes in the day but also the ability to reminisce about the good ol' days.  Ted and I found the site way back when we were dating and no lie we spent a good 2 to 3 hours on it together that day.  It's actually quite an extensive site, be careful not to get lost in it for too long!

Have a productive day!!!!!

No comments: