"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” ― Angela Schwindt
Monday, June 15, 2009
The story behind that video...
So, as you can see, I took the new lawnmower for a spin yesterday. We'll just say that while it's not hard it does have a learning curve. I started off (ahem...per Ted's suggestion!!!) really slow on speed 2 (out of 6) so that I could get my bearings, figure out how wide the blade is, etc... The brake is also really touchy, so I tended to jerk around a bit while I was getting used to it. At one point (right before that video was taken) I got myself stuck in a corner and stalled it when I tried to put the mower in reverse. Ted had to come out and help me restart it. From then on I was afraid to put the thing into reverse, which meant I had to figure out how to mow the yard only moving forward. Lots of crazy turns, remows and figure 8's happened in that pursuit. And by the end I had move up from speed 2 to speed 4. Ha HA! Incidentally I knew when I saw Ted standing out there in the camera that a blog post was in my future, heck I figured the video would be up before I got back in the house. Call me slow, call me a crazy driver and yeah some of the pine straw had to be rearranged afterwards but you know what? The job got DONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment