Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sunny Days...

The title of the post is about more than just the gorgeous weather we're going to have over the next 4 or 5 days. In case you're wondering, sunny and highs in the 70's, close to 80 on Sunday. Time for my new flip flops to come out! Hard to believe that it snowed on Monday. We'll be opening all the windows this weekend.

No, the main reason for the title post is that we're headed to Sesame Street Live! Sing with me now: "Sunny Days, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweeeeeet!" The show is coming to Raleigh at the end of May. Tickets go on sale on Monday to the general public but I happened to notice yesterday that Citibank cardholders could get advanced tickets. So I ordered them. I'm very excited, I think Miss. K. will have a fabulous time, seeing as a frequent request these days is to watch "Big Bird".

After Monday's snow its been a pretty quiet week around here. Last night Katherine put her pjs on all by herself. Only problem is that she put them on over her clothes. I had to wait until she was distracted by Diego to fix the situation as obviously she was so proud of herself that she wanted no help in putting things the right way. I guess I could have let the situation be (what's the big deal if the kids sleeps in her clothes and pjs?) except we needed to get a pull up on her since she's not night time trained yet. We found out this week that she will be moving up to the older two's room at preschool within the next few weeks. She's been visiting the room off and on for the past week or so and her fave teacher, Ms. Yolanda has recently moved to that room as well.

Obviously our plans this weekend include spending as much time outside as possible. There's always work to be done in the backyard. Katherine received "Children's Garden" set of seed packets for Christmas from Papa and Gram Coberly so I think we will plant them this weekend along with pumpkin seeds I saved from the Halloween pumpkin.

No comments: