Every so often Katherine will do something and I will get the sudden "Oh my goodnes, she can do that now" moments. These are not major Earth shattering things but small realizations that our baby, now toddler, very soon to be preschooler is growing up. This weekend I realized that Katherine can open the doors to the house to go outside. She's been opening doors inside the house for months now but I think the outside doors had a bit of additional weight that she couldn't handle. Plus their locked most of the time. Thankfully, I don't think she can unlock them yet but this is just a momentary height obstacle, our smart girl knows full well how they unlock. Yesterday we were getting ready for a post-nap romp outside and I was getting something out of our room. Well Miss K. walked herself right downstairs and out the garage door. I heard the door open and thought, "Oh my goodness, she's already outside." So I dashed downstairs, to thankfully find that Katherine had simply gone into the garage to retreave her boots. Yes, close to 80 degrees outside and the kid wanted to wear "my boots!" She was already coming back inside by the time I got downstairs.
Busy, busy weekend around here! The weather was gorgeous so we did some work in backyard which included putting a fresh coat of paint on the deck railings. Pictures coming cause I know you are all interested in the finished product! Katherine and I also planted the seeds that Papa and Gram Coberly got her for Christmas. We now have "Katrin's Garden!" next to the brick patio. We're still deciding where Katherine's Pumpkin Patch should go. It was also the first weekend where we could really open all of the windows and air the house out...say it with me now...aaahhhh!!!!!
This morning came early, too early. I think we were all a bit dazed and confused as to what we were doing climbing into the car when it was still "darken out". Katherine hardly moved when I woke her up this morning, it was one of those rare mornings where I had to get her dressed in her bed. We're tired too kiddo...
1 comment:
I would have freaked out! My nephew learned how to unlock the doors and get out. My sister-in-law found him one day running out the door and down the street. She was pregnant, so you can imagine the scene of her chasing him down the road! He was laughing the whole time...
Post a Comment