Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why I love my bed

I should probably type "we" there since I know that Ted shares my sentiments. Why this much attention to our bed? Well, for Christmas Ted's Grandma got us this lovely item. Can I just say it is one of the most wonderful things ever invented? You lay down in the bed and you're first thought is "AAAHHHHH!!!". After a long day it completely relaxes your entire body. Not only that, the thing has zones, one for each side of the bed and then three zones on each side to control your feet, legs/torso and shoulders/head. So if you have icicles for feet you can turn that up to say a 4 and leave the rest of you at a 2. And if your hubby is colder than you are he can turn up his side without interrupting you. Or turn it on to "preheat" about 30 minutes before you get into bed and then turn it down to your normal temp right as you get into bed. Honestly, we don't keep it on all night since the bed would get way too hot and I must admit I am fearful about a wire shorting out or something. But turn it on for a good 30 minutes or so and turn it off just as your turning out the lights and I can GUARANTEE you a cozy night's sleep. I'm telling you, whoever invented this was on to something. It makes those old electronic blankets just look plain sorry. Have I sold you on it?

The overdue weekend update. I'll leave the car show details to Ted (although I did pick out a nice Mercedes that I could totally see myself driving). And the inside of the new convention center was nice too (actually I think there were quite a few people who were there to check out the convention center in addition to the cars). While Ted, myself and Ted's Dad checked out the cars, Miss K. and Gram C. had a great time hanging out at home. The weather around here was and continues to be gorgeous so we spent some time "owside" as well. I worked on the butterfly canvases and finished them Sunday night. Honestly, they came out even better than I expected. I've taken some pictures and I'll upload them tonight so you can check them out for yourselves.

Two big successes on the potty training front. On Sunday night K. informed Ted that she needed to use the potty and proceded to go over and use it! This is a first, that she recognized that she needed to go and most importantly that she made it to the potty to actually go. AND yesterday we had our first accident free day! I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: