That was what Katherine said to us as we were pulling out of the driveway this morning. Yup, the snow's melting, in fact its almost completely gone. I'm sure Miss K. would have liked it to stick around a bit longer but that's not going to happen around here.
A New Year's goal update. I've spent the last two nights working on my itunes playlist. So far, I've selected the songs I like from Ted's library and I've started culling through my old cds to upload songs. I haven't bought a cd in a long time but I must say, there's some good stuff in my old collection. Its probably going to take a couple of nights to go through them all. And I will need to be selective, there's not enough room on the ipod to upload everything. A special exception may have to be made for U2. I've also made a list of songs that I want to purchase through itunes, some new, some old. Last night night however, I was on the hunt for a particular song. A little exclaimer first, my musical tastes can be a bit, how should I say it, cheesy at times? If I can sing along to it at high volume when I'm in the car (or had a few too many) then I'm all over it. Boy bands? Love 'em. Britney Spears was my girl until she fell off the deep end. Michael Jackson? The man may be crazy but his music rocks. You get my drift.
So anyways, last night I was on the prowl for Justified and Ancient by the KLF. The version featuring Tammy Wynette. Huh, you say? This song. Yes, old stuff and cheesy as anything. I found it too on itunes, in a greatest hits cd of Tammy Wynette's. Unfortunately you could only buy the song if you bought the WHOLE ALBUM. What's up with that Apple???? I could get every other song on the album for just 99 cents each but for that one song I would have to plunk down $24.99. I don't like Tammy Wynette that much. Incidently I found the same thing on the Barnes and Noble website for half the price (but I'm still not paying 12 bucks for one song). Am I stuck listening to it on YouTube when I want to hear it? Time to get resourceful. I'm thinking I might ask around a little, being in the South I'm figuring I can locate a TW fan who owns the album...wish me luck!
And in our fun in the snow this weekend, we still haven't posted a congratulations to Ted's cousin Len and her husband Jim on the birth of their first child! William James "Liam" Martin, born Monday, January 19th! We've enjoyed seeing the first few pictures and we can't wait to see more!
2 comments:
I don't think that I ever saw the video for that song.
I'm also wondering what happened snow. The only flakes we've seen this year were in WV or OH.
Breaking News, Katherine's Christmas stocking is done. If I could have stitched on the trip, it would have made it on time, but I've gotten the bug now, and am also finishing an ornament. I must have cabin fever w/o snow.
Post a Comment