Seems appropriate to start off today's post with the phrase that Miss K. has been uttering to every request all weekend long. I heard it first on Friday night and it continued from there. The best one was when I was getting her ready to go over to the neighbor's house. I asked her to come sit with me so I could put on her shoes. She started to sit down on my lap, then stood up, turned around, gave me a face and said "No Way!" If she wasn't already in her room, I probably would have sent her there. Then there was the time when she blurted it out and the response she got from Ted and I was a simultaneous and very loud "YES!" She got the picture...sort of.
With the exception of bedtime, we kept Katherine in underwear all weekend. It was time, we experimented with it last weekend and found that she now finds it uncomfortable when she's wet. This is a big change from when we tried it a couple of months ago, the kid was happy to play all in wet pants then. So we decided to capitalize on this and she was sitting pretty in princess underwear. Yes, there were accidents but we stuck with it. And I am happy to report that there was a big improvement between Saturday morning (when she threw an all out temper tantrum at the simple request to sit on the potty) and Sunday evening (when we had an extended sitting session reading books). She was dry through nap time both days. So we've decided that when she's home, she's going into underwear. We'll see how the next week goes and we might talk to the teachers at school about switching her into underwear there as well. I feel like we've made progress this weekend.
I spent the weekend uploading to itunes, I'm almost done with my old stuff. Then its on to the list of new stuff I want to find. And...dut dut dut dah! I used the ipod all by myself this weekend, I took a quick trip to Old Navy (where, incidently, I got the cutest umbrella! Blue floral print) so I plugged it in for the drive. I loved it.
1 comment:
Truly the girl needs to be taught that "No way, Jose" is the better way to go.
Post a Comment