Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let it Snow!


We awoke to a Winter Wonderland this morning! I thought maybe the forecasters had gotten it wrong, I woke up and peeked out the window at 2am and it was still just rain. What a surprise to open the curtains this morning. As soon as it was light enough, I snapped some quick pictures. Its still coming down pretty good the forecast has it snowing until noon. I ventured outside to take a picture of the house and found out that it was quite windy as well. I also think there's a thin layer of ice under the snow.

Obviously the whole county is shut down, the daycare is closed and Ted and I are home today. We're staying cozy this morning, watching TV and playing. We'd like to get Katherine outside to play in the snow but we'll have to wait a bit, because of the wind the snow is blowing right in your face and it doesn't feel too nice. I don't think she would enjoy it. Hopefully after her nap we can get her out there (I promise pictures!). I'm thankful that we got her out of the house yesterday, otherwise she would be crawling the walls. We took her to Build a Bear Workshop, she received a gift card from Alyson and Brian at their wedding. This may be something we'll have to return to when she's a bit older. She had fun running around the store but didn't seem too into building a bear. She was afraid of the stuffing machine. She did pick out a bear and Mom got it stuffed for her but we'll have to go back to pick out some clothes for it. In the afternoon I took her for a walk. Maybe we'll get the chance to try some sledding this afternoon? I'll have to improvise on what to use for a sled, cookie sheet? Reeses, however, has decided that it would be best to stay put for the day.

No comments: