Katherine and I have a busy day of errands ahead of us, starting with an oil change for the car at 9. I've packed up her backpack with books, toys and snacks. Right now however, we're easing into the day, she is watching Sesame Street with her thumb in her mouth. Every so often, you will see her doing this, I am wondering if she'll pick up the thumb sucking habit now that the pacifier is severly limited (ok, we relented a bit on that one but she only gets it right at bedtime for a bit. She was getting addicted to the TV to put her to sleep and between those two choices, I'll take the pacifier at bedtime for a bit longer).
Grandma and Grandpa Meagher are on their way down tomorrow for a long weekend visit! Miss K. and I will be picking them up at the airport midday. In preparation for the visit, I've been having Katherine practice saying Grandma and Grandpa. Previously she used "Ga Ca" to say Grandma or Grandpa, with really no distinction between the two. However, a couple of days ago I asked her to say Grandpa and she replied with a distinct "Pa PAAA!" So I think her Grandpas might be called PaPa for a while! I was going to call my Dad at work this morning and have her say "Hello Papa!" but of course she isn't talking right now (I'll keep trying Dad!). No luck yet with Grandma (sorry Grandmas!).
No comments:
Post a Comment