Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back in the Groove

After 5 days off (4 days for Ted) we are back into our routine. We had a wonderful visit with my parents over the weekend and Ted had a great visit in West Virginia. Didn't know he was going? We were unable to post about it since the reason for the trip was to attend a surprise 80th birthday party for his Grandma in Grantsville. I purposely did not post over the weekend because, well, I knew I would let something slip and give it away. However Ted reports (and Grandma Hamilton confirmed on Sunday night) that she was completely surprised.

So while Ted was partying in West Virginia, Miss K. and I enjoyed the company of Grandma and Grandpa Meagher. One of the things I was eagerly waiting for as Katherine grew was discovering what she would call her Grandmas and Grandpas. I didn't think that this was anything we could pick out for her, it would be something that she would let us know in time. As I reported in an earlier post, when I mentioned that Grandma and Grandpa were coming to visit, her response was "Papa!" Well, the name has stuck, Katherine called for "Papa" all weekend. Now not to be outdone, my Mom started to work on "Grandma" and K. responded (with a bit of prodding) with "Gram". So there you have it...Papa and Gram! We'll be seeing Ted's parents in two weeks, over Thanksgiving (can you believe its in two weeks???), so we will see if they will be Papa and Gram as well! I am pretty sure Papa will stay but Gram might need some more reinforcing.

Among the activities this weekend was K's first jump in a leaf pile:
And a visit to the Children's Museum:
I promise, I am getting started on the next photo album, it should be out by the end of this weekend!

No comments: