Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Katherine got all dressed up in her kitty costume this morning. She looks A D O R A B L E. I snapped a few pictures in the middle of the morning madness although I am hoping to get some better ones tonight before Trick or Treating! I might be able to get one or two posted when we get home from work. Miss K. caught on real quick to the excitement. She was running around saying "kitty cat!" and swinging that cat tail all over the place. Let me tell you, that room at preschool was WIDE OPEN this morning and those kids haven't had any sugar yet! So far, I caught glimpses of a fireman and some princesses in addition to our little kitty. I can't wait to see all the costumes at the party this afternoon.

We carved our first Jack O'Lantern ("JackLantern!") last night. The actual carving was left to the adults (me) but Katherine got a kick out of pulling the seeds out of the pumpkin, always my favorite part when I was a kid. We're saving some of the seeds with the hope of being able to plant them in the back of the yard in the spring...our own little pumpkin patch!

Aunt Carrie is also on her way down today to visit for the weekend. She plans on being here in time for Trick or Treating, which means Miss K. will have a little entourage with her tonight. I don't know who's more excited, the adults or the two-year old!

No comments: