The potty training continues. Katherine has been very successful so far at preschool, thanks to the help of 8 other two year olds who are more than happy to model (or have K. model for them) their new found skill. Things are going a bit slower on the home front, she still has the routine down but we have yet to see an actual “deposit”, so to speak, in the potty. At the same time, she is becoming increasingly defiant about wearing Pull Ups at home. On Sunday, I was fed up with the Pull Up battle so I just pulled up her pants sans Pull Up. My Grandmother swears by this; just let them run around without anything, they don’t like the feeling of wet pants. Well, wouldn’t you know K. wet herself and just kept on going. Didn’t phase her one bit, the little stinker.
Last night she started to pull down her pants in the TV room. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she ran right into the bathroom. I followed behind to be of assistance. I immediately got a loud “Noooooo! Back!” Seems K. didn’t want any help. She pushed me right back to the door of the TV room and ran back to the bathroom herself. She then proceeded to duck into the corner, where she was just out of site, pull down her pants and take off her Pull Up. This is where it gets funny and I wish I had thought of the video camera. Without pulling her pants back up, she waddled out of the bathroom, down the hall and into her room to throw the Pull Up away in her diaper pail (yes, time to introduce her to the bathroom trash can). Then she waddled right back (pants still around her ankles) to the bathroom, climbed up on her stool, put the seat cover up and sat herself down on the potty. And even then she didn’t want me anywhere near the bathroom, if a I took a step or two I got a loud “Noooo!” After sitting for a minute, she took the pants completely off, got up, flushed, washed hands and proceeded to run around the house bare bottomed, awaiting another round in the Battle of the Pull Up.
We have no plans this weekend, so I may put some underwear on her and see what happens.
You also may have noticed a new feature on the side. I am part of a monthly book club at our local library. I frequently get questions about what we are reading each month. So I’ve included a link to the monthly book choice. I’d like to put links to other books I’m reading, but let’s be serious…I barely have time to read one book a month, let alone two.
No comments:
Post a Comment