A couple of Christmases ago, Katherine received the Melissa & Doug Responsibility Chart from Santa. I happily hung it up on the wall...and...that's where it stayed. We've had a few false starts but honestly, we've been terrible at it. I think the kids have spent more time playing with the magnets than we have actually spent tracking tasks and good deeds.
This week we decided to give it another go. I lined up a bunch of responsibilities for Katherine (with the hope that Teddy would do some of them too). Today Miss K specifically mentioned it during the car ride home. In fact, she was eager to get going on it right away and earn her smilies. I think she feels it's a direct path the an allowance, something that we also need to start but so far have failed at keeping up with. I have never seen the kid run upstairs to "clean your room". She easily completed that and "make your bed", "put away your toys", "brush your teeth", and lucky for her there was no homework tonight so "do your homework" was a breeze. The next to the last thing on the list was "stop whining". I think I've documented either here or on Facebook plenty the nonstop whining that seems to ensue around our house, especially when both of the kids are playing together. Her reaction?
"Oooohhhhhhh, that's going to be so haaarrrdddddd!!!!"
Yup, whining over a task to stop whining. Clearly we're starting from ground zero here. Interest may not be that intense tomorrow.
And as a place to record it for all time, here's a few other cute things that came out of the kid's mouths over the past week:
K: "I've got a lot of energy Mommy, I ate four french toast sticks this morning."
K, upon waking up this morning and realizing with was Field Day at school: "Thank you God and life!"
K, during a tea party she was having with Teddy last night. They were slurping their "tea". I said that that is not the proper way to drink tea. "We're not having a proper tea party, we're having a slurpy one!"
And finally, Mr. T., who, well, farted while playing T ball outside, declared: "That came from where I poop!" Can't argue with that, kid knows his anatomy.
1 comment:
Teddy's comment got my day started with a good laugh, Gram C
Post a Comment