As usual I am woefully behind on pictures. I feel like I have been behind for a good year or more, probably back to when Teddy was born. At first thought it was the second child syndrome, that we just haven't taken as many pictures of Teddy as we did of Katherine. Then I realized it was less about that and more about technology.
Believe it or not just six short years ago when Katherine was born smartphone were not commonplace. I know, I'm scratching my head too...how did I even get along without my iPhone? Right before Miss K was born Ted and I purchased a very nice HP digital camera. Part of my insistence for purchasing that little camera was because it came with a dock for the computer. Simply plug the camera into the dock and viola! the pictures were automatically uploaded and placed in a fold by month taken. Simple and easy. It made doing monthly picture albums out to friends and family a breeze.
Enter the smartphone. Right around the time we announced that Teddy was on his way I got my iPhone. And wow, picture taking got all that much easier. No need to carry the camera around, just whip out the phone. Unfortunately picture uploading was not as easy. Not that it's hard but no more automatic filing by month taken. And there's three different cameras to upload from, two iPhone and one digital camera (at some point we upgraded from the HP camera but we don't use it nearly as often as the phones). The end result is hodgepodge folder on the computer titled "iPhone" photos that needs to be manually sorted. Say it with me now...ugh. I don't even want to think about the 600+ pictures that are still on my phone. You better believe I've been procrastinating on this task...for a whole year. I've been procrastinating on this blog post to explain myself for probably the same amount of time. I even hesitated to take a few pictures because I knew it would be one more to add to the pile of ones I hadn't dealt with yet.
I'm figuring with all this new upgraded technology, I'm missing something right? There has to be an automatic setting that I just have turned on that would make this job easier? There's no way that the technology got better and the ease of use got worse. All you people who are more tech savvy than me, help a girl out.
The bright light in all of this? I just read that Shutterfly (where we have our picture site) bought out Kodak Gallery (where we used to upload and create albums). Supposedly they are in the process of transferring all of the pictures over and they will notify users when they will be available through Shutterfly. So at least there's one task that will be taken care of for me, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment