Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pardon us while we figure out all of this here technology...

You'd think with a Ph.D. that technology would be a no brainer.  Actually quite the opposite, I am a slow adopter of new technology and then when I do I probably use about one quarter of the features that are available to me.  On top of that I get frustrated if I can't immediately figure out how to do something or if it takes more than about two steps to accomplish.  I blame this partly on my attention span but more than likely these days I have very little uninterrupted time to do something that takes more than two steps.

Case in point.  You should be watching a whole bunch of cute videos of the kids I shot on my iPhone over the past month or so.  But here's the kicker.  Some of those videos have been deemed "too long" to be emailed to myself and then uploaded. When I take them off my phone by synching my phone to our main computer the video is sideways.  Don't even get me started on google search we just had to do on "how to rotate an iPhone video." To upload directly on the phone using the blogspot app I need a YouTube account, which I don't have, so that requires setting one up on the computer or finding the you tube app for the phone.  And then there is the issue, that, I'm not sure if I want our videos up on YouTube. Either way, I'm in for an evening of fun this week.  Where I'm going to find the time to do this?  Beats me!

So for the person who is reading this and laughing at my lack of tech ease please let me know how I can streamline all of this technology cause right now it's kicking me in the you know what.  I've got pictures to organize and upload, videos to upload and little time to do all of this.  Cause right now I'm feeling way behind the times...

No comments: