As I type this Katherine is currently covering her brother with hugs and kisses. They've started to play quite nicely together and as Ted's parents put it, Katherine is trying as hard as she can to be a good big sister. I'd say she's succeeding.
We're back from almost two weeks of vacation that included stays in both Massachusetts and Virginia. No major activities to report from either location except time in the pool, hot tubbing, morning runs and time with family. In short, a nice break away from our daily grind. Lots of cute pictures to post on the picture site tomorrow. It seems impossible that we'll be back at it come Monday. I get a pit in my stomach just thinking of my "to do" list.
I happened to cross the line from 33 to 34 while we were away. As part of my birthday present Ted's parents arranged for a one on one golf lesson for me. Some of you may remember that I tried to hit a few shots at the driving range two years ago. At the time I thought golf may be something I would enjoy, however a pregnancy and child number two put this on hold. When the idea of a golf lesson was suggested, I eagerly said yes.
Off and on thunderstorms almost canceled the lesson completely. Luckily the sky cleared in enough time for me to get in a quick 30 minute lesson. We focused on my stance and swing. I hit a few shots that, quite frankly, surprised me. I loved every minute of it, so much so that I convinced Ted that we needed to go back to the driving range after dinner so that I could practice my swing some more. I woke up the next morning sore beyond belief (seriously, who knew?) but ready to try again. That is, when I can find the time. This may get added to the list of "things that I want to do once the kids get older". That list seems to be constantly growing.
And let's just admit the other truth of why I like golf right now. The clothes. While the men seem to stick to khakis and polos on the course, the women step it up a bit. I may only have an amateur shot but I can have a first class golfing wardrobe, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment