
This is how I found Katherine sleeping this morning. I've discovered there is a pattern in our house where if the family has a decent night of sleep one night, it won't be repeated the next night. In fact, the following night will pretty much knock you right on your tush and then laugh at you for thinking even for one second you had this sleeping thing in the bag. Case in point. Teddy slept through the night on Tuesday. Mind you, that meant that Katherine made a 5am visit to our bed instead and I still woke up at 1am on my own but still, we all got some sleep. Then last night. Teddy was up not once but twice and in between Katherine appeared on the scene and crawled into our bed. All this before 2am. How I managed to wake up before the alarm went off at 5:35, I have no idea except to say at this point my body is probably resigned to the fact that a full 8 hours of sleep will never happen again...at least not while one of the kids is under age 5.
The weather is warming up this weekend! We've had a lot of gorgeous Spring weather lately, which we appreciated as we tried to improve the grass/week ratio in our lawn. But this will be the first hot, humid, summer is on the way type of weather. As such I plan on using part of my day off tomorrow to get our little pool up and running for the season. It will be much easier to attempt this by myself than to have Miss K and Mr. T there to "assist". We've purchased all the needed supplies including a little baby boat for Teddy to float around in style. Won't the kids be excited when they get home! Ted and I will draw straws to see who gets to take the first dip with them in the freezing cold water.
No comments:
Post a Comment