Monday, April 25, 2011

Walking Feet

This was the weekend.  Teddy is officially walking and not crawling.  He still has some work to do before he is stable on his little legs but even so, we haven't seen him crawling in the past couple of days.  And this evening I noticed that he is picking up speed.

This was much more of a gradual process with Teddy than it was with Katherine.  At 14 months, we were begging Miss K to just let go and walk already, everyone knew she was capable of doing it.  Therefore I can pinpoint the exact day in October of 2007 when she finally did let go and take off.  There's no real exact day or moment with Teddy.  One day he could put one foot forward, a few days later take one wobbly step, a week after that take a couple of steps.   In sum, it was probably a good month or two of time between being a non-walker and a walker.

Of course, I know your waiting for some photos or video of the big man.  Teddy is very hard to get good pictures of because the kid doesn't sit still long enough.  And the minute he realizes your taking his picture, Operation Get the Camera is on.  I have a lot of blurry head shots of him.  We'll see if we can remedy that situation here shortly.

No comments: