Friday, April 29, 2011

Growing Pains

Nothing like watching a Royal Wedding on a beautiful day to put you in good spirits! That and getting a little over 6, count ‘em 6 hours of sleep in a row. Yes, our little boy slept from 9:30 to 4:18 this morning, in his own crib. Boy did Ted and I need it too, it has been a rough week of wake ups with both kids. By the time we reached last night we were exhausted. And unfortunately that meant we were on a short fuse when it came time to dealing with four year old antics. And unfortunately for Katherine she had a bit of a bad night. Yes, there were tears. Which led her to say probably the most guilt inducing phrase I have ever heard: “You don’t need me anymore.” Just thinking about it now makes my heart ache. She seemed fine after a quick talk and TV time together but I’m thinking of some Mommy and Katherine time this weekend.

I think we are finally having some of those "growing pains" of having a little brother.  Overall, Katherine does great but with Teddy's lack of sleep lately, his increase in mobility and the fact that he gets cranky and clingy every day from 5-7, Miss K is trying to figure out what's going on. Clearly her "baby brother" is very quickly becoming not so much of a baby anymore.  And as she predicted before he was born, she doesn't like him getting into "her stuff".  Or taking over anything that she previously deemed her territory.  However, our girl has some luck coming her way. She found a four leaf clover in our yard this week! Ted and I had plans to save but it dried up first…thankfully she has not asked for it…yet.

And I swear that Teddy said “bath” last night. Or some babble that was a good imitation of me saying “Do you want to take A BATH?” over and over again. Either way, I’ll take it.

No comments: