We started this weekend with sun and 90 degrees. We're ending this weekend with rain and 70s. I couldn't be happier. Fall has arrived...finally! Most of September has been unseasonably warm and by the end of last everyone was just plain sick of it. But what is funny about it is that I can't remember a time before when you could literally say...today summer, tomorrow fall. That's it, done. Forecasted temps pretty much in the 70s, maybe a few low 80s from here on.
I went up in the attic yesterday and brought down all the fall decorations. Katherine had a blast decorating with me and needless to say, she's looking forward to the trick or treating this year. We may have a bit of a costume dilemma. Early on, she told me that she most definitely wanted to be a princess this year. Easy peasy I thought, princess costumes are a dime a dozen. Papa and Gram Meagher if scored big deal on one at Costco and its soon to arrive at our house. Problem? We were at Bj's and she saw a dinosaur/dragon costume. Mind you, I'm pretty sure the costume was for a kid a bit younger than her but no matter. She's now saying that she wants to be a dragon (and every time she says it she goes ROAR!). We're hoping that one sight at the princess costume will change her mind but just in case, the receipt is arriving with the costume.
So what else it new around here? We have a baby that is pretty close to being a confident sitter upperer. He does great in his high chair and will sit on the floor unsupported for a few seconds at a time. This is wonderful because you can also tell that he isn't as interested anymore in hanging in his bouncy chair or lieing down on the playmat. He sees what he wants and he wants to go and get it. He also holds his head up really well during tummy time and spins himself around to see what he can see. Mobility can't be that far away. I know some people loathe the day their kids became mobile but I was so happy when Katherine started down that path and I'm just as thrilled now that Teddy is on the verge as well. Right now you can just see how frustrated the boy gets that all the good stuff is just out of reach. Although I think all that new found mobility will coincide just perfectly with the trimming of the Christmas tree.
Oh yeah, and then there's this coming Tuesday. I am not in any way, shape or form looking forward to that day. It starts off with a dentist appointment for me and ends with Katherine's four year old wellness appointment...complete with kindergarten shots. She could wait and get them right before registration but that would mean a whole other appointment with a whole other copay. We're there on Tuesday and they can do them on Tuesday. I don't have the heart to tell her that a. she's going to the doctor on Tuesday and b. she's getting shots. Point a will probably be mentioned Monday night or Tuesday morning. Point b...well...that probably won't get mentioned until the nurse walks in the door with the vaccines.
After Tuesday I can have the moment where I stand there in astonishment that my child just got her shots for KINDERGARTEN. But honestly, I gotta get through that appointment first. Trust me, there will be a trip for Skittles and gummy bears right afterwards. And maybe a treat for Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment