Monday, August 9, 2010

Tidbits

Here's those tidbits:
  • I heard back from the Religious Education Director at church.  Pre-K and Kindergarten CCD (do they even call it that anymore?) is not required but I will need to track down Katherine's baptismal certificate before I register her for first grade CCD.  Luckily all of this was accomplished via email, so I avoided any guilt inducing conversation.
  • Teddy had his 4 month check up and the doctor declared "He is doingeverything he should be doing and then some."  Here's the stats:
    • Length: 25.25 in (75%)
    • Weight: 16lbs, 2oz. (75%)
    • Head: 41.5 cm (30%)
  • He is also rolling all the way over now.  He woke up last night for a bottle and when I put him back down he promptly rolled over on his tummy and fell sound asleep. Now, I'll be honest, with all that "back to sleep" information out there this made me nervous and kept me up for a little bit.  Should I roll him back over?  I ultimately decided to leave him because now there's nothing I can do if he decides to roll himself over in the middle of the night while we're all asleep.
  • We also have a cereal eater.  We started about a week and a half ago.  Of course the first few days involved me placing the cereal in his mouth and him pushing it back out but I think he's got it now.  In fact we've had a few evenings of the little man fussing at me because I was not shoveling it in fast enough.  We'll go another week or so and then introduce some vegetables.
  • We're gearing up for the big trip to Massachusetts next week.  Katherine will actually be leaving this weekend, Papa and Gram are coming early to pick her up.  Ted, Teddy and myself will head up after work on Wednesday.
  • For the first time Katherine told me last night that she didn't need me to lay with her at bedtime.  She instead went to bed with ALL, and I mean all of her stuffed animals.  She was asleep within minutes.  Now I guess I should be sad that we're at another milestone but honestly, I was just plain tickled.  Does this mean I've now taken back a good 20 minutes each evening???? Almost, she asked me to lay with her for a bit tonight but only for about 5 minutes.  I don't know how she can be comfortable laying in the middle of all of them but if all those animals give her a sense of security, so be it.
  • The July photo album...as usual...I'm working on it.

2 comments:

The Grady Chronicles said...

Oh I totally remember the rolling over days. I lost many nights of sleep trying to convince him to remain on is back and he just wanted to be on his belly. I HATE IT!

Bridget said...

Liam sleeps on his belly and Declan always did as well. And, if you think about it, we did as kids adn we're still alive. I do put Liam in his wearable blanket at night though, just to avoid anthing near his mouth.