We've had first smiles, first laughs and first sounds. Now we have a first rollover. That's right, Teddy has taken his first steps towards mobility. He's been holding his head up pretty good for the last few weeks during tummy time (doesn't he look like such a big boy in this picture???):
Well Saturday morning when I woke up to get him from his crib, I found him laying like this:
And he's been doing it off and on all weekend since. He can't quite get the top half of him completely over but I give him a week before he's mastered that. And right now once he rolls himself over, he can't roll back which meant an extra wake up last night by a frustrated little boy. I think he prefers to sleep in that position, based on the fact that he sleeps very soundly when he's laying on his tummy on top of me. And so far every time I've laid him down, he's gone right to that position.Last we had an unexpected visit to the pedi as Teddy had some heat rash that had gotten a bit ahead of us (to be expected based on the recent temps around here!). Well they weighed him...15lbs, 14 1/2 oz. We have one healthy little boy.
We also had a very quick but great visit from Aunt Carrie! She's off to Afghanistan in a few weeks for her next job with the State Department. She'll be there a full year and then off to Dubai for three years. She promises to get a blog up and running to chronicle all of her adventures. I'll be sure to link to it from our blog! As you saw in the previous post, Katherine traveled with her this morning up to Papa and Gram Coberly's house. As usual, she was ready to go 30 minutes before Carrie was ("Aunt Carrie, are you ready????"). I can't wait to hear reports of how swimming lessons are going this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment