I took a few days off from posting to get things back together around here. That means lawn mowing, cleaning and TONS of laundry. I've now learned that when traveling with an infant and a 3 year old, not only does the laundry go with you but it also follows you home. How can we possibly have this much laundry to do when I swear we did a load practically every day while we were gone? In between loads I was dealing with this hot mess:

Our neighbors actually called us while we were gone to warn us that the pool was deflated. It didn't stop me from taking one look at it once got home and thinking CRAP (actually I thought that the whole way home but seeing it in person took on a whole new meaning). Nothing to do but blow it back up, fill it with water and see what happends. Turns out a few holes had developed in the ring, I think from a little girl pulling out the vacuum all by herself (why I felt the need to vacuum it right before we left for the week I have no idea). First and last time that happens. I got VERY lucky in finding all 6 of the holes, some just as big as a pinhead. Once they were all patched I set to work clearing up the cloudy water. I am happy to report that this is the current state of affairs:

Ha HA! The water is crystal clear thanks to a whole bunch of clarifier and shock as well as two days of filtering. Katherine's been in it for the past two evenings.
So the trip. We had a great time. The last time we took the same trip, Katherine wasn't even a year old. This time around I realized how much she's grown. Case in point...July 2007

...and June 2010

Is it just me or is this kid becoming all legs and arms? There's lots more pictures, I'll probably post a few more over the next couple of days and save the rest for the June album (yes, I know, May album is ready and is going up soon!). We didn't take all that many pictures at the big party on Saturday as we were juggling two kids and trying to catch up with family at the same time. However, Ted's Aunt Kathleen took some great pictures of the kids and she has promised to email them to me. I'll add them to the album when I get them.
Both kids did EXCELLENT in the car. We didn't even use the DVD player that much, Katherine didn't watch at all on the way home, which was a 9 hour ride. Teddy slept for the bulk of the time in the car. Clearly we have two little travelers on our hands.
1 comment:
Wonder Woman! How on Earth did you patch holes in that pool?!?!
Post a Comment