We started preparations on Friday with a trip to the dollar store for decorations and the supermarket for cake supplies. Since I knew she would not like the chocolate cake that Ted requested I let her pick out another flavor to make cupcakes. We made those first on Friday afternoon during Teddy's nap (more on that later). After baking, I let her do the frosting and decorating. I didn't plan on it, the project sort of evolved over time. She had a blast. Yup, quite a mess was made but honestly it was worth it because the whole project cost me less than $4. Check out the finished product, Cake Boss has got nothing on her.
On Saturday, in between swims in the pool we made Ted's cake. We'll just say that the frosting job was less than ideal but the end result was still mighty tasty. Of course, we had to have party hats and candles with the cake!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!
2 comments:
Looks like Teddy enjoyed the celebration!
Good Lord that is the cutest baby in a birthday hat picture I have ever seen!!! Absolutely priceless, oh, and Happy Birthday Ted!
Post a Comment