Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's in a name?

Teddy and I are about to start solo day number 2. Yesterday was fairly smooth, we spent the morning snoozing thanks to an extra wake up in the middle of the night. T was more interested in sleeping than eating a decent amount which resulted in wake ups every hour and a half rather than 2 to 3 hours. You just can't reason with a newborn: look mister, the more you eat the more you can sleep. Last night was much better, he actually did a 4 hour stretch! This means I'm awake and feeling pretty good right now but I am still hoping to catch a little cat nap later today.

Katherine is going to school all this week. After two weeks with Papa and Gram Coberly and an upcoming week with Papa and Gram Meagher she needs a week of being in the routine. Her teachers reported yesterday that she seems to be doing quite well with the big changes although she did need some time out time yesterday for not listening. I asked her on the way home if she was having some trouble with her "listening ears" and she reported to me that "their fixed now." We're trying to keep her routine up at home as much as we can. Obviously things have changed around here but there's little things that we can try to keep consistent, her bath and bedtime routine being one of them. She asked me to lay with her last night and I was more than happy to oblige. I'm also making sure that I spend some one on one time with her when I can. We went out for a swing and some kite flying after dinner last night. Teddy's coming home present to her was a Disney Princess kite, which she got a real kick out of. Unfortunately, being a cheap plastic kite, the string holder has ripped off already. So I need to search for a more durable replacement. They did have some nylon kites at Target when I bought this one but it was between Yo Gabba Gabba and Princesses. Is there a choice????

Now that our new addition is finally here I realize that we need to update one major thing on this blog; the name. Ted, Beth and Kate has a nice ring to it but it leaves one member of this family out. Unfortunately I'm at a complete loss as what to rename it, I've already ruled out anything like "Teds, Beth and Kate" so don't go there. And "Ted, Beth, Kate and Teddy" is getting a bit long, don't you think? Anyways, I'm open to suggestions. I believe the URL for the blog will stay the same, not sure I can change that at this point and since everyone knows where to finds us at this URL, well, it will have to do. But at least I can change the title of the blog to include the little man.

Off to fold a basket of laundry...it has multiplied in the last week!

No comments: