"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” ― Angela Schwindt
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
To paint or not paint?
That is the question. We are at the tail end of the Great Room Rearrangement of 2009. The only project that is left is to set up the nursery once again. Before we found out whether the baby was a boy or a girl I had lots of thoughts that I would like to repaint the room, depending on the sex. The room is currently painted a shade of light green. It was that color when the room was an office and we kept is the same for Katherine's nursery. Well, once we found it was a boy I dreamed of the classic light blue bedroom. I dreamed it all the way until last weekend when I opened the box of crib bedding and nursery decor, all of which has a Classic Pooh theme. I pulled out the lampshade, took a good look at it and said: "Hmmmm, I'm not sure baby blue is going to go with this stuff." I held it up to the light blue blade on the multicolored ceiling fan and was not that impressed. Yeah, I could get away with it but honestly, not ideal. So now I am torn. What is definite in this situation is that we are NOT buying new bedding and decor. I know it is easier to just leave everything as is but anyone can tell you I never take that route. And either way there's work involved because the walls could use a wipe down so I'm either painting the walls or washing them. But the more I think it over, I have a feeling I'm going to be carrying a bucket of water and Mr. Clean into the room rather than a paint roller. The blue may have to wait until the baby moves into his big boy bed and gets new big boy bedding that matches blue much better. But the final decision still awaits, don't be shocked if you see pictures of a blue room up here at some point. Heck, maybe I'll post some pictures and let you all decide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment