Sunday, December 27, 2009

Post Christmas Ramblings

The tree is put away for another year. Is it just me or did the last few weeks just seem to fly by? I'm not sure if I ever really had a moment to realize what season it was.

What a weekend! Santa arrived as scheduled and Katherine made out like a bandit. It took her a few minutes to get into things, she was still a bit groggy when we turned on the tree. And like last year each present had to be inspected before moving on to the next one. I was looking forward to her opening her "choo choo train" which until a couple of days ago was the consistent request from Santa. Two days before Christmas the answer very suddenly changed to a "dolphin costume". I had to scratch my head, where did that come from and where does one get one of those???? Besides that, the shopping was DONE. So when she opened her train on Christmas morning, instead of a big "oooo" type reaction, she said "I wanted a dolphin costume." Maybe next year sweetie. The iffy relationship with the big guy continues. But overall she was enthralled with her goodies and has asked each morning since if Santa has come.

The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying the company of Papa and Gram Meagher. That's who she's with today as well. Yesterday, they took a trip to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, which was a big hit, especially the train ride I hear. Today a visit to Marbles Kids Museum is planned if Miss K is up for it. This has allowed Ted and I to go out for a bit and to catch up on some work around the house.

Pictures??? Yes, there are tons of pictures and I really need to get cracking on the uploads around here. Looks like it may be a combined November and December album at the rate I'm going.

2 comments:

The Grady Chronicles said...

The picture anxiety I am feeling is off the charts!!! There is downloading to be done from Thanksgiving. There is ordering to be done from 3 months to present. And there is organizing to be done from birth to present. &($#(*&%#(

Gram C said...

We may need to consult Aunt Kathleen the creator of the penguin and lobster Halloween costumes.