A few of the posts that I have on my list involve some picture or video uploads which makes me realize how behind I am getting in that area. It's almost Christmas and I still need to put together the November picture album. I just need to take an evening and upload everything so that I can get going.
Unfortunately/fortunately we didn't see any snow from the big nor'easter. We were just south of the line and had a day of rain instead. I didn't tell Katherine that is was going to snow (need to know!) but the kids in daycare filled her in on the details. There's no secrets around that place. She informed me on the drive home of Friday, rather matter of factly, that it was going to snow and she was going play outside and make a snow angel. She'll have to wait to the next storm for that.
We celebrated Christmas this past weekend with Ted's parents and sister (and yes there are more photos here that need to be uploaded...I promise I'll get to them very soon!). Katherine was VERY happy to see Papa and Gram but I think Aunt Carrie stole the show. Thankfully they all arrived safe and sound from snowy Virginia after a much longer than usual drive. The funniest moment happened right after they walked in the front door. Katherine had helped me wrap their presents and although I thought she didn't pay all that much attention to what was going in the boxes, I was wrong. She ran right up to Aunt Carrie: "Carrie we have a surprise for you! It's a camera case and a new hat!" She was quite proud of herself too. Seems we'll have to work on the subtler points of gift giving, like you don't tell the recipient what's in the box before they open it. All in due time I guess.
Katherine got a good trial run for Christmas morning on Sunday after breakfast. She started out slow but by the end, not only was she ripping into her presents, she was offering to "help" open everyone else's presents too: "Daddy this is for you, I'll open it." She made out like a bandit of course and I think the hands down favorite was the Disney Princess ball pit from Aunt Carrie. We've know gone from cleaning up random buttons all over the house to cleaning up random balls from the ball pit. At least their bigger and easier to spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment