Some of you have seen my Twitter posting from two days ago. I assure you that everything is fine, especially on the baby front. Sorry to be short on the details but I have some boundaries in terms of what I am willing to share on the Internet and that is one of them. I probably shouldn’t have even done that Twitter posting but I was upset at the time and I did what I could. I am happy to supply more details for those that are curious on a one to one basis.
Ted’s grandparents sent Katherine a musical Halloween card that plays the above song when you open it. K loves musical cards and this one is a hit. Last night, after about the umpteenth time of her opening the card and swaying to the music; I asked if she would like to watch the movie that that song comes from. Yes! So she settled down in her chair to watch Cinderella. Up until now, Katherine has not really been into all of the Disney Princess stuff and I’ve been kind lax in picking up the movies as they come out. I think that may be about to change and I’ve got some catching up to do (eBay anyone?).
K wholeheartedly got into the movie. She loved the mice. She exclaimed that it was “not nice!” that the stepsisters ripped Cinderella’s dress. When the clock struck midnight and Cinderella raced from the ball as her coach turned back into a pumpkin and her dress turned in rags, I turned towards K to see that tears were streaming down her face. She was sad that Cinderella had to leave the ball. She crawled into my lap for the rest of the movie and I had to assure her that everything would be ok in the end. She cheered on the mice when they got the key to let Cinderella out of the tower. Then when the movie was over she burst into tears once more…because she wanted to “watch Cinderella again”. I promised her we could watch it today when we got home.
After the movie, we climbed up the stairs to get ready for bed (ok, I carried a crying little girl who wanted to watch Cinderella again upstairs). To lighten the mood I let her watch Backyardigans on our bed while we talked and read books. We have some wedding pictures hanging up in our bedroom. When Miss K saw them, she exclaimed “Mommy, you’re a princess!” “Daddy’s a prince!” She wanted to know where my princess dress was and I told her it was packed away in Mommy and Daddy’s closet. “Can I see it?” I told her that when she gets older she could see it and maybe get a chance to wear it. She liked that response but I didn’t even want to think about our little girl getting married someday.
I’m starting to feel little taps in my belly that I am sure cannot be gas, every so often when I least expect it. Someone is saying hello!
I am almost done with the October picture album; expect it on the picture site in the next day or two!
No comments:
Post a Comment