Friday, October 23, 2009

Printer?...What printer?

If you’ve been reading my Twitters over on the right there you noticed that we had some printer issues at work. I’d like to plead the fifth in terms of actually saying who caused the problems but I will say that it involved a box of labels and a task that was supposed to only take about 15 minutes. As my boss Phil said, its times like that where you could kick yourself for not delegating while the delegating was good cause once things start blowing up there’s no way anyone is going to touch your delegated task. But why would you delegate something that would take mere minutes four hours to accomplish?

This week was all about catch up both at home and at work. There’s something about being away for a few days that throws you a bit out of whack. For us it came in the form of laundry. For the life of me I can’t figure out how a long weekend away translates into four loads of laundry when you return since we packed very lightly and didn’t really wear any more clothes that we would have if we were at home but there it was on Monday night. And Tuesday night. By Wednesday evening I was bound and determined to finish it all so that we did not have face evening number FOUR of folding and ironing on Thursday.
Katherine settled right back into her school routine as if she never missed a beat. Yesterday at pick up she reported that the whole class received a time out for not listening. I guess there are good days and bad days, sounds like yesterday had its moments.

I went to my monthly OB appointment this morning. All is well! AND the next appointment on November 19th is the big one! Yes folks, we will find out the identity of baby #2…place your bets now! K. said last night that she would like a baby brother (!) and this morning reported that the baby was going to get bigger and bigger and grow as tall as Daddy. People at work are pretty much voting that it’s a boy, although there are a few black sheep in the bunch who are convinced it’s a girl. I have absolutely NO intuition this time around about what it is. Honestly I can’t believe that this moment is right around the corner, is it just me or is this pregnancy flying??? Hopefully I’ll still be saying this in months 8 and 9 when I’m as big as a cow and have about had enough.

I received pictures from my Dad this morning in my email inbox of the wedding so I need to work on a post this weekend. There are some real cute ones in the bunch. If anyone else has pictures, send them on! Other than that I think we’ll just be relaxing and doing some more of that catch up. This includes prepping one Big Girl Room for painting next weekend. Katherine is chomping at the bit to move into her new digs. I picked up a pumpkin for Miss K. last night (unfortunately I don’t think we’ll be making it up to the farm this year) so at some point between now and next weekend we need to make a jack o’ lantern.

No comments: