Good gracious am I glad it's Friday night. That doesn't even begin to describe the elation. The end of this week has been exhausting. Work Thursday was taxing, how stupid was I took look at my empty calendar and think that I had all day in front of me to get some serious data analysis done. Instead, something I thought would take up 30 minutes, maybe an hour of my time took most of the day. And it's STILL not settled.
Today was my day off...meaning I was off from work but still busy as anything. Weeks ago, I booked K's three year checkup for this morning. Then two weeks ago at my doctor asked if I could do an appointment this Friday afternoon. I never even considered the logistics of booking two doctor's appointments in one day. THEN on top of that I decided to book an appointment with Apple concerning my iPhone today as well, since I my doctor is not too far away. Do you see where this is going?
K. was not one bit amused at the doctor's office. Not that I blame her considering her track record at that place. There was no hearing test, no urine sample, the basics were the best they could hope for considering she was clinging to me for dear life and saying "I want to go home!". They told me this is usual at this checkup and they consider those first two things icing on the cake if they can get them. We were able to get a height and weight on her (39 inches and 32 lbs, 95% and 75% percentiles, respectively). Then came the flu shot. We'll just say it wasn't pretty and leave it at that. She wanted to go straight home after all of this. Unfortunately part of this carefully planned day involved her going to school, I couldn't take her to this particular doctor's appointment. Drop off was rough, she was understandibly cranky. I sat with her for a bit but at some point I just had to hand her off and high tail it out of there. They told me she calmed down and was fine after I left, of course my nerves were frayed.
Off I went down the highway to the Apple store. Morning was rough but hey, it looked like I'd have some time for some window shopping after my iPhone appointment. In case you're all wondering the headphone jack in the phone is faulty and occasionally it's switching into headphone mode even though they're not plugged in. I have to reset the thing to get sound back. Apple tried to fix it once and it's still happening. They said if it starts happening again, they would replace the phone for me...if I could make it to the appointment on time. Who knew they were paving on I-64 and traffic was backed up for a good 3 miles? Not me! Argh!!!! I phoned the store from the road to say I was going to be late...through no fault of my own. They said to still come in and they would see what they could do. 30 minutes late but I arrive...to find out "what they can do" is put on me "standby" since there's no other appointments that day. Meaning I wait there until somebody else doesn't show up for their appointment or they start running ahead of schedule (ha!). I waited for 30 minutes before I decided that I was getting NOWHERE. Seriously Apple, I love my iPhone but you're customer service is a little to be desired. The folks at the store are super nice but they are swamped, they can't seem to handle it when things veer off of routine. Walk-ins? Forget it. I told them I would make another appointment online and left.
Shopping? Yeah, uh, no I was too busy sulking. My doctor has nice comfy chairs in their waiting room and I had a good book with me, thank you very much. Let me curl up in the corner and decompress.
Then, ahhhh, the fates turned in my favor. Maybe they new I had about had enough. The parking deck at the doctor's office was WIDE open. I walked in 40 minutes early and they were AHEAD of schedule. They took me right away. The appointment was smooth (everything is great), I was out of there by 3 o'clock, 15 minutes after my originally scheduled appointment time. I was early picking up Miss K (and I had feared that I would be racing down the road...can you blame me?). It was a small thing but oh, after these past two days...it went a long way to improve the mood of this preggo.
No plans of this weekend, just getting caught up around the house. I'm due another post too to get caught up on some odds and ends I've been thinking about. Until then, I'm putting my feet up for a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment