Friday, September 18, 2009

My Expanding Waistline

The Bella Band (or generic version sold at Target) has been officially broken out. There was no way I was getting jeans buttoned this morning. Maternity pants still won’t fit so out it came! This item has been recommended to me by Bridget who swore by it for her first pregnancy. I actually never heard of it the first time around but anything that will allow me to extend the wear of my regular pants and thereby save some $$$ is worth trying in my book!

Smart me is having my second baby at the complete opposite time of the year as when I had Miss K. This means the vast majority of my maternity clothes from the first pregnancy are no good, unless I feel like wearing sundresses and tanks in the middle of January…not so much. And I am more knowledgeable of the fact that I will only be wearing these clothes for the next 7 months so I’d rather invest my clothing dollar on my wardrobe post baby (please remind of this in Jan and Feb when I absolutely cannot STAND the though of having to wear these clothes for yet another day and want to run out and buy some new duds). So to fill in my maternity wardrobe with more cold weather friendly items, I’ve been hitting the consignment shops and thrift stores with some success. It requires a lot of perseverance and digging but considering I’ve gotten a couple of shirts brand new with the tags still on at an absolute steal, it’s been worth it. The used items I’ve gotten have been in excellent condition as well. You figure that as with children’s clothes, maternity wear is only worn for a very limited about of time and then discarded. Now, I’m VERY fortunate that I work in a place that is very business casual most of the time so I can keep my professional attire down to the occasional departmental meeting or conference. I really feel for those of you who work in laws offices or similar type businesses where professional attire is required all the time.

Out of the blue this morning Katherine told me that there’s a baby growing in my tummy, that it was really small right now but it would get bigger and bigger. She held up her thumb and index finger pinched together to emphasize her point. Today is Green Day at school, to honor the Color of the Week. Off she went, very happy in her green shirt.

No comments: